Our Mission: To maintain the ethos of Sandford Park School and to create, in cooperation with the Principal, staff and students, a better school life for the students.
- We provide: An official forum where students can voice concerns, discuss interests and make suggestions
- We will: Act as a medium whereby these concerns, interests and suggestions can be passed to the Principal/Staff where appropriate
- We seek: To foster a sense of community among the student body as a whole
- We aim: To initiate events in liaison with the principal, staff, prefects and other community organizations
Student Council Meetings are held before school at 8.15 a.m. every 3 weeks.
This should normally take place before the mid-term break so that the new Council can take over in early November. The P.R. system shall be employed where appropriate (Form I would probably understand ‘first past the post’ better) In Forms I to III, all business relating to the election, i.e. nomination, voting, counting, etc., shall be done in C.S.P.E. classes.
In Transition Year and Form V, nomination and voting will be done during the S.P.H.E. period. The ballot papers will be processed under the supervision of Mr. McBain. Form VI is represented by the Head Boy, the Head Girl and Deputy Head Boy.
The Number 2, as well as the Number 1, for each class should be noted, in the event that a replacement may be required.
Qualities of a representative to the Student Council
- Responsible and reliable
- Good listener
- Able to relate well to the whole class
- Able and willing to take on a leadership role in the school
- Influential in upholding rules and standards in the school
- Having the interests of the whole school at heart
- Proud of his school
Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon. Secretary and the Hon. Treasurer.
The officers shall be elected from those nominated to the Council by the Council itself.